Monday, December 03, 2007

turn, turn, turn

Surprise, surprise the baby turned...all by himself! We went in for a version and the first ultrasound showed that he was indeed transverse so they gave me some apple juice and hooked me up to the monitor to get a baseline. By the time the second nurse came in to check on us, the baby had turned head down! We were shocked. So they quickly strapped me into this super-sexy girdle and gave me instructions to stay as upright as possible. So no more swimming or yoga for me. I will be re-reading the natural birth sections of my books since I was SURE this kid would be a c-section. I think I remember something about breathing. Well, guess I didn't need that scheduled c-section after all. Now I have to wait for the whole contraction/water breaking thing...will keep you posted!

No comments: